Thursday, September 11, 2008

Shots

The call to pray which ends the fast at the end of the day starts with a giant explosion. Literally, some one lights a huge firecracker and boom! fast’s over. I hate to admit it but almost every time, some of us Peace Corps kids out on the terrace hunch down a bit and look around in terror. It does sound like a bomb going off if you’re not expecting it.

Found out or schedules for the rest of training though I don’t have it with me so this will be a gestimation:
Tomorrow, we leave for our main training site, Azrou, and live there in hotels for about a week. Then, we break up into groups of about 6 people and go to community based training and live with a host family for 2 weeks. Then back to Azrou for debriefing for 5 days (I also find out my final site location at this time) then back to the host family for another week. Back to Azrou, debriefing, then going to my actual final site to introduce myself and meet my new host family, back to Azrou to be sworn in as an official Peace Corps volunteer. After this, I’m off to my final site and my new host family for good. All during this training process, we’ll have a language and cultural facilitator who’ll come with us, teaching us the entire time. At times, I’ll be doing at least 4 ours of intense language training a day, not to mention all the hands on technical training. I’m looking forward to all of it, but a little bit daunted by the days ahead.

So, if you don’t hear from me that often, don’t be surprised.

1 comment:

B said...

Hilarious -- I thought it was an engine backfiring! Both times!